Why To Study in Singapore?
Singapore being a dream destination for numerous travel lovers, is a cutting-edge cosmopolitan center with a world-class educational system. Singapore education offers a broad base curriculum and global perspective to equip students with the relevant qualification and training that serves as a springboard to a brighter future. Studying abroad in Singapore means taking courses in English in the heart of Southeast Asia, surrounded by remarkable cultural diversity that remains from its colonial history. Being an adventurous soul, if you ever think about adventure here remember that one can take advantage of a year-round sunny climate with activities such as windsurfing, wakeboarding, and overnight biking excursions, at Singapore.
As unemployment rates shoot up in other countries, Singapore remains stagnant and boasts of one of the strongest economies in the world. With its sound economy and political stability, multinational corporations are drawn to Singapore, and offer many opportunities for employment.
Singapore’s world-leading educational system in research and innovation, Singapore stands as a premier education hub with its world class universities offering international students quality education at an affordable cost. It has gained a reputation for being top-notch and globally competitive. Study abroad programs at Singapore universities openly invite an influx of foreign applicants.
Here are some reasons to choose Singapore as your destination,
- Singapore is famed for having one of the lowest crime rates in the world.
- One can be evident for the diversity of educational options to suit students’ preference.
- Through the Student Protection Scheme, The Singapore government has taken initiatives to ensure that foreign students studying here would be protected too.
- Singapore offers qualifications of high standard in a friendly and encouraging environment with a global recognition.
- If you’re bothered about the expenses you can be sure to have affordable tuition fee structures here.
- The cost of living is comparatively less than of many developed countries.
- Singapore recognizes the excellence of talented students and award them with scholarships and study loan on merit.
- International students enrolled in Singapore’s public universities are allowed to work part-time up to 16 hours per week during school term.
Your registration with The Career Global guarantees best quality advice, for you.
Profiling here is done with an assessment of academic qualifications, work experience, financial status, career goals as well as life interests and ambitions.
We, at Career Global evaluate the requirement of any standardized tests you may need to take or have already acquired.
Shortlisted universities and courses that match your profile would be in front of you.
We make necessary amendments in the essays, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation and your Resume.
Application Review and Submission
Once you are done with your application forms, it is reviewed before its submission to your final choice of universities.
This is a key point, we make sure you are never at a stake. So we at Career Global prepare you for your Interviews.
You are assured to be within a loyal and expert guidance during the procedure.
You’d be having a comprehensive information about the country of your choice to guarantee your life overseas.
- University Intakes: September/October
- Institute Intakes: January March and September
It is highly recommended, to fill applications preferably 7-8 months prior to the intake.
Students expecting scholarships are recommended to commence the application procedure 8-12 months prior to the intake.
English Language Requirements
- International students ought to attain a required level of English language competency.
- IELTS band For Undergraduate is 6.5, with 6.5 in Reading and Writing components.
- A TOEFL (ibt) score of 580 for paper-based or 92-93 for internet-based is appropriate.
- A minimum of 12 years of schooling with an aggregate score of 65% at least in best 5 subjects, for UG courses.
- Recognized bachelor’s degree for Post-Graduate/Master Degree.
- The student must also qualify the English language requirements by successfully obtaining a minimum cut-off score in IELTS and TOEFL.
- ACT with Writing or SAT with subject test else GRE are required according to the course of your choice.
- The ACT consists of 5 sections: English, Mathematics, Reading, Science and Writing Test.
- The minimum acceptable composite score for consideration is 29; with writing component score of 27.
- For SAT, the minimum acceptable test scores are 600 for Critical Reading, 600 for Writing, and 650 for Mathematics. No minimum Subject Tests scores have been stipulated.
Tuition Fees (SGD $)*
Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – Approx. 10000 SGD$ to 15000 SGD$ p.a.
Postgraduate Master’s Degree – Approx. 20000 SGD$ to 30000 SGD$ p.a.
Living Expenses (SGD $)*
Approx. 750 SGD$ to 2000 SGD$ a month.
Documents Require for Application
- Passport sized photographs
- passport copy or birth certificate
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Standardized Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (which is mandatory for the program)
- Evidence of English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Attested copies of 10th, 12th & Graduate Degree (if applicable), Passing certificate, Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits)
- Two academic references
- Two references from employers (if applicable)
- Letter of Recommendation from colleges
- Draft for application fees, if applicable
- Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture Courses)
- Other Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities
Note: Documents required for individual universities and individual courses in Singapore may vary, contact Career Global for your queries today.
Scholarship deadlines vary amongst institutions. In order to capitalize on the existing Singapore scholarships, we advise you to walk into Career Global Office as early as possible. We will deliver the comprehensive information on the Singapore scholarship process.
Please visit the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website for more related information.
- London School of Buisness and Finance